Wednesday, April 8, 2015

lets be realistic: second week of change.

this past week has been all over the place. But really, ALL OVER THE PLACE. Between work (8am to 7pm most days), celebrating my Grandfather's 88th birthday, celebrating my friend Nicole's birthday, and meeting up with friends/spending the day in Ann Arbor I'm surprised I found time to just exist as myself.

lavendar-hazelnut latte from Eli's Tea Room. It was heaven. Also, ootd.  

the essence of this past week has been: GREAT FOOD. A Lavender-Hazelnut latte from Eli's Tea Room in Birmingham gave me life. 



88 years young, and still as handsome as ever.

Steak and birthday cake at Mitchell's Fish Market for my Grandad's special day.

honest moment: don't remember what I ordered at Ronin, but it was daaaaaayum good.

Delectable sushi with my handsome man candy at Ronin in Royal Oak. 

lettuce falafel wraps, and $5 fries for 8 people (even though there were only 2 of us) at Social in Birmingham.

Comforting falafel and mountainous fries with a bestie at Social in Birmingham, too. 

sun dried tomatoes, goat cheese, chicken, pasta. *stops typing to wipe drool from her mouth*

The chicken fusilli, an oldie and definitely a goodie, at Sava's in Ann Arbor made me reminiscent of the good old college years.  

paradise in a glass: State Street Iced Tea from Sava's in Ann Arbor.


Oh, and there was a cocktail in A2 too. 

breakfast for the day He had risen, and the day i stayed in bed until 10 am. 



and of course, Easter brunch in bed, brought to you by chef mama porter.

i told you it was a good week for food. One of my favorites as of late. But, as I said before, I am so amazed that I found time to take out for myself. I carved a few minutes/hours here and there, to get back to basics. Though my pallet was all over the place, my running was my one rock of the week.

it's so incredibly important to find your rock in life. And I don't mean a person; people can be fleeting, unlike, well, an actual rock. This rock gives you stability, an escape, and a bare-minimum purpose.

my rock is running. Over this past winter, I didn't make much consistent time to run as I would have liked (you live and you learn). Recently, though, I've made a conscious choice to make running my rock again. I've said this before, but running is the one thing that truly makes me feel human. It's natural, and it's good: Good for my body, good for my mind, good for my heart.

so now it's my second week of realistic change, I feel like I'm on the cusp of a habit. Running is my rock, and it's on it's way to being habitual again. Again, I didn't change what I've been eating. I did, however, change my mindset about how I've been eating. I'm just trying to be a bit more present and conscious about how/what I consume. Fairly simple in theory, slightly harder in practice.

here's my week in review:




weight:

  • down 1lb... which is probably from me exhaling when the scale calculated, tbh. 
food:
  • a bit better, but there were 5 bars, 2 birthdays, and one OPENING DAY so... sue me. 
physical activity:
  • ran 14.39 miles



overall, I feel pretty good. Like I said,  I feel like I'm on the verge of starting something pretty good. All I have to is keep moving forward.

keeping swimming, my little fishies.

xo,

adrienne. 

No comments:

Post a Comment