Wednesday, April 29, 2015

let's be realistic: 5th week of change.

hi, my name is adrienne and I ate a hotpocket. And it was good. Really good. So good that I almost didn't regret, with 100% of my being, eating it. Almost. I needed to be honest, but... i digress.

ann arbor murals: we named her gloria shakira maria del toro.

now that it's the 5th week of change, I can honestly say that I'm seeing some legitimate change. I obviously still have the some of the same terrible no good fatty  indulgent, 100% human tendencies when it comes to food. I also, though, have a lot of motivation to go try something new, and embrace the growing green gardens of the spring. I feel leaner; it takes far less energy to complete the hardest of tasks, and I greet the easiest ones with gusto.

this past week has been relatively good, all things considered. There were some major ups, and a couple of downs, but plenty of room for growth.

my childhood summed up in one picture: Dairy Deluxe.

for some reason, this past week was crazy stressful with my work. It was just one of those weeks where I started off slightly negative but with every day I ended up in a worse mood. I was in a bit of a funk. I've had a lot on my mind regarding grad school, my career, my relationships, my life. I've been worried about my best friends, and the trials life keeps putting them through. I've been worried about the girls I watch, and how badly I just want them to be okay. The funk I was in took over completely.

yes, i definitely rubbed the buddha belly.

so what did i do? I ran. I definitely pushed my body, 1 week post bed-ridden, harder than I should have. But the runs healed me. I didn't run fast at all (averaged a 10min mile). And I definitely didn't run far (averaged 3.5 miles per run). But I did it. I gave my body and mind exactly what I needed, when I needed it.

i gave myself a major time out. I had lost my presence in my own life. I had lost grip of my dreams, and set in to a stagnant pace. And that's something I hate. So I grabbed a latte, snagged my kindle, and headed out into nature to try to get back to where I needed to be.

everything i needed: sunshine, good reads, and fresh air. 


but what else did I need? A nice day trip to Ann Arbor.

an ann arbor favorite: Frita Batidos.


my classic feast: Frita Batido's chorizo burger w/ fries, and the hibiscus batido (milkshake).



ann arbor, my college town, is where I grew up. Though it was over the course of an undergrad bachelors degree, post-high-school and pre-adulthood, it was where I developed into the person I am today. Check it out if you ever get the chance.

hot guys, cold hand crafted drinks. 



and then the cutest couple you'll ever meet.


post ann arbor, there was some awesome meal prep for the upcoming week. I made some vegan, gluten-free kale falafel bites (the perfect on-the-go food) and a bomb ass natural, skinny margarita. Recipes coming soon!

the falafel mise en place. 

10g of protein, 100% vegan goodness.

because cooking is better with a good German riesling. 

and now, here's my week in review!

weight: stayed the same, but I'm starting to see my hip flexors again! Yay for gains!
food: besides the hotpocket and some pizza, I'd call it a good week.
physical activity: logged about 12 miles, and got in 3 nike training workouts

all-in-all, I'm looking forward to this upcoming week. It luckily won't be another 45 hour week of straight work, but it'll be a great week of working productivity.

shine bright, my diamonds. 

xo.

adrienne. 

No comments:

Post a Comment