Tuesday, February 24, 2015

beauty in review: Dove Dry Spray Deodorant

hi all! I feel obliged to let you in on a little beauty obsession of mine: I love, adore aerosol deodorants. I don't know what it is about them, but I've always had a soft spot in my heart (and pits) for them.

more honesty: I've used the same spray for the last 8 years. It's always worked so well, I couldn't give it up. What can I say? I'm definitely a creature of habit. I usually stick to the same products, but luckily I'm also not afraid to try anything once. 

which brings us to a new favorite product of mine: Dove's Dry Spray Deodorant.



Here are the specs:

-it's a spray. Press down the top button, 6 inches(ish) from your pits and mist away.
-but it's a dry spray. Most spray deodorants go on wet, and then you're awkwardly waiting in your room naked, with arms above your head for the 30 seconds it takes for your underarms to dry. Supposedly, you don't have to do it with Dove's spray. I've never heard of such a thing. Hey, I don't know how they do it (gypsy magic, probably) but I'm down to give it a try. 
-it protects for 48 hours. It says it's supposed to keep you dry and smelling fresh for 48 hours. Which is a pretty long time, no?
-it comes in 6 different scents/formulas. What I love about Dove products is that they offer so many different scents, and types of deodorants based on your preferences and needs. 



ok, it sounds pretty solid, right? So how did it hold up?

-it's definitely a dry spray, but more of a pilly-dry. The spray goes on dry, that part is true. But it pills (like a lived-in sweater would) once you put your arms down. Maybe I was just putting on too much; but I feel like if I put on any less, it wouldn't be enough.
-it (might) protect for 48 hours. The deodorant held up really well throughout an entire work day, and a 4.5 mile run. It definitely doesn't keep you bone dry like a prescription-strength (duh) but I think it kept me dryer than any other Dove products. With the way I sweat, I don't think it would hold up for a full 48 hours... But then again, I probably wouldn't go more than 24 hours without reapplying. 
-it smells pretty damn good. I tried the "nourished beauty" and it smelled powdery fresh, but not like baby powder. Like how you'd expect a Swedish, blonde haired super model would smell like. So... really good.
-it left me fairly well moisturized. Most spray deodorants I've come across dry out my skin if I don't swap them out for a moisture bar every few days. I've been using this for 3 weeks, and I haven't had any dry/itchy skin since. 


overall, I'd definitely have to recommend Dove's Dry Spray Deodorant. It kept me dry, smelling great, and still well moisturized. I'd call that a win-win-win. So congrats Dove! You have a new convert.

has anyone else tried it? How'd it hold up for you?

stay dry and stay fresh, lovelies.

xo,

adrienne. 

No comments:

Post a Comment